Friday, February 13, 2009

New Look? NuLook!

Today I went to my favorite consignment store in the city - NuLook. It is my favorite spot to find good values on spendier name brands, plus I can bring things I've grown out of in either size or taste and sell them! It's a fantastic cycle because I end up using the store credit from my sales towards new purchases like the ones I got today!



Let's start with shoes....


Adorable black faux-suede peeptoe mini wedges from Charlotte Russe. Not a good example of a spendier brand, but at $6... so who can argue? ($6 marked down from $12)


Funky flex flats, also peep toe with a wrapped detail from BC Shoes. I LOVE colorful shoes, so it's a plus when they're cute AND comfortable. ($14 marked down from $28)


On to the clothes!



Vintage 100% silk cap-sleeved blouse from Penguin (everyone knows the penguin!). It has fantastic details, like a buttoned up shoulder, high neck + tie neck. It feels like heaven against the skin. I thought it might be cute under a jacket. ($6.50 marked down from $26)

Fitted dark denim skirt from Development, which must be some knock-off Anthropologie because they used the same font for their logo. It's highwaisted with contrast stitching. ($16 full price)
Ralph Lauren Petite trousers in Camel. I love any trouser with a stovepipe leg and crease! ($12 marked down from $48)
Ann Taylor blouse with ruffle and pin-tucking. ($22 full price)
Gray shift dress with pockets from Banana Republic. ($20 full price)

Total booty price tag ---> $96.50.

Total cost to me after utilizing store credit ---> $62.60

Completely and totally worth it, considering if I had found that shift dress at Banana Republic and it was "only" $62, I would have bought it. So the mindset is that all of those other things came free!

Stay tuned for pics of why I bought these items and what components like this can do for your wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. All of the pieces look fabulous! I can't wait to see you in them. I totally have to find a consignment shop near me.

    ReplyDelete