Monday, February 9, 2009

Turtle Progress : It's Okay to Look Like You're Trying

I stumbled upon this post by Turtle Progress today through my twitter feed. I follow Weight Watcher Tweets which allows those of us on twitter and the Weight Watchers program to collaborative report progress, struggles, et al.

One thing I love about blogs is the realization that you are almost never alone in your thoughts, adventures and struggles. I love Turtle Progress' reaction to the response she is receiving for spending just a bit of time on herself in the morning. She even states...

" I’m wearing makeup to work. It takes me about ten minutes in the morning: Bare Minerals foundation and blush, then eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss. The look is very natural and “daytime,” but people have commented that my whole face looks brighter as a result."

If you're a woman, though sometimes daunting, compliments go a long way. I know that I carry them with me throughout my day. Even this afternoon at the gym, a fellow locker room mate complimented my jeans, upset to hear that they were homemade and she couldn't go out and grab a pair. It was a quick conversation, but the mere occurrence left me with a smile on my face.

Try complimenting someone today. Not necessarily in regards to their fashion choices, but something you sincerely appreciate about them. Pass along the confidence and warm fuzzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment